Joint PhDs between academia and industry, are potentially a tool to ease innovation creation taking into account both scientific challenges as well as industry needs.
PhDs are a pervasive link among the three areas, easing the knowledge transfer among the scientific and industrial world (in both directions), as well as a way to link scientific research to future innovative applications, that in perspective are the boost for the market and competitiveness of the companies involved.The process of supporting GNSS PhDs with a link to industry, aims at achieving a larger number of PhD theses funded by industry and thus making the process more sustainable.
Two co-funded PhDs will be created in this frame. The host institution for the PhDs is the Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation Civil (Toulouse, France). (download the leaflet here)
How to apply
It is advised to get in contact with the foreseen academic partner during the preparation of the proposal (see contact information). The proposal should be less than 4-page long and contain:
- A short description of the company,
- The description of the PhD topic and the foreseen progress beyond the state-of-the-art,
- The foreseen PhD phases and duration,
- The background required for the PhD student,
- The proposed funding including an official letter mentioning that the funding is secured,
- The desired location of the student (% of time in company premises and % of time with research group),
- The proposed academic host institution,
- The mandatory requirements regarding the IPR (if any)
- The proposing company is operating in an EU country or in a country associated to H2020*,
- The proposed topic, company supervisor and innovation is clearly identified and mature,
- The co-funding for the PhD is secured,
- The topic is in line with GSA objectives in terms of application and research laboratory’s expertise.
+33 5 62 17 42 76
+33 5 62 17 42 65